Bird watching race „Latvia’s State Forests Bird Rally 2018” is over
The winner team of the bird watching race "Latvia's State Forest Bird Rally 2018" September 15 is „TTTŠ” (Gaidis Grandāns, Uģis Piterāns, Edgars Laucis, Ivars Brediks), which has recorded 105 bird species during the race.
Five teams of bird watchers and ornithologists from Latvia and Lithuania took part in the race. All together there were recorded 131 bird species by all teams during the race.
As well the team „TTTŠ” (Gaidis Grandāns, Uģis Piterāns, Edgars Laucis, Ivars Brediks) got the special prize for the most interesting observation – Short-toed Snake Eagle Circaetus gallicus.
"Latvia's State Forest Bird Rally 2018" Teams and Participants:
1. “Nometnieki” – Elvijs Kantāns, Juris Vīgulis, Ģirts Baranovskis, Laura Grīviņa (Latvia);
2. “Lietuvainis” – Saulius Karalius, Milda Šniaukštienė, Laimonas Šniaukšta, Gediminas Eigirdas (Lithuania);
3. “Pingvīni” – Kārlis Bernāns, Roberts Bluķis, Gints Bernāns (Latvia);
4. “Saldus izlase” – Māris Jaunzemis, Valts Jaunzemis, Ainars Mankus, Jānis Jansons (Latvia);
5. “TTTŠ” – Gaidis Grandāns, Uģis Piterāns, Edgars Laucis, Ivars Brediks (Latvia).